We have done as the programme said and taken it easy training wise this week and concentrated on readiness planning aka how can we fit all we need on the bikes without taking a back pack, as we don't have access to our (minimal) luggage during the day. You need to do this over a beer of course, using one of the 1000s of iPhone apps available. So that's what Pomme Anglais and I did, while Tulip was off doing real readiness activities. I know we are making this look easy but believe me it's difficult, with or without beer!!.
Here's a quick 300 mile itinerary re-cap:
- Tuesday 8 May - stay overnight at Crystal Palace ready for the 5am rising the next day
- Wednesday 9 May - London to Calais via Kent & ferry from Dover - 95 miles
- Thursday 10 May - Calais to Abbeville - 75 miles
- Friday 11 May - Abbeville to Beauvais via the Somme - 70 miles
- Saturday 12 May - Beauvais to Paris - 60 miles
We intend to blog en route, if we are not sound asleep at 6pm every night that is ... so here we go .. wheeee ...